Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alabama provides mentoring services to help youth who face some type of adversity beat the odds with the support of volunteer mentors. Big Brothers Big Sisters believes that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and we have committed ourselves to serving children in Alabama for over 40 years.
Professional staff carefully match children with volunteer mentors in long-term, one-to-one mentoring relationships. In addition, Big Brothers Big Sisters provides ongoing professional support to volunteers, children, and parents/guardians throughout the life of the match.
• 6 Alabama agencies covering 41 counties
• 3000 CHILDREN served statewide in professionally supported one-to-one relationships. Thousands more receive services through enrichment activities and referral services.
• 30 months average Community-based match length
• 13 months average School/Site-based match length
• POSITIVE, MEASURABLE & COST-EFFECTIVE outcomes